Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Grand View Park

Between the time change and the heavy fog in my neighborhood, it's usually too dark and gloomy to safely jog after work, which is a bummer, because good luck getting me to do exercise videos in my living room instead. Yesterday I left work early because I had to turn in the paperwork for my Indian visa (hurray!), so I managed to squeeze in a good 30 minutes of outdoorsing before dusk. I discovered Grand View Park, also known as Turtle Hill, just blocks from my house! It is a peak in the middle of my neighborhood, Golden Gate Heights, with stairs on either side and room to walk around on top. It is currently being renovated so there is a lot of tree debris, but not enough to shut the place down. I ran up and down the stairs a few times and then stood on top to watch the fog bank creep toward downtown. Amazing.