Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Patch & Sonoma

Fall is my favorite season, and one of my favorite things about fall is going to the pumpkin patch! 

I was starting to worry that my insanely busy October was forcing me to miss out on the fun this year, but last weekend on a whim I wound up at a little patch along Highway 12 between Napa and Sonoma

I've got a not so secret obsession with ugly pumpkins - seriously, the more discolored and knobby they are the better! This particular patch had the ideal selection of both pretty, round carving pumpkins and misshapen, mantle-worthy ones. 


 
 
We finished off the afternoon tasting at Michael Mondavi and Domain Carneros. It was my first visit to Michael Mondavi (not to be confused with Robert Mondavi in St Helena), but I really enjoyed their tastings and even scored a case of chardonnay for half off! Domain Carneros is one of my all-time favorites and I try to pop by for a flight of sparkling wines every time I'm up that way.