Friday, August 17, 2012

And Away We Go

Today is the big day that I've been planning for and greatly anticipating since December... I am headed to Jamaica for Erin's wedding! I can hardly believe her big day is right around the corner and am giddy with excitement to be a part of it.

I purchased a three spray tan package on Groupon for Ooh La La salon on Van Ness and used the first one a month ago before Erin's bachelorette in Vegas. I wasn't entirely thrilled with the results, but considering the discount I got by purchasing on Groupon it was acceptable. I also scheduled a tan for what should have been last night, knowing I'd want a little glow to start off my trip. Last night I got home from work, did the whole shower and scrub routine, drove all the way across the city... and the shop was closed. Oh my! I left a voicemail with the salon asking what happened, since last week I received automated confirmations via both email and voicemail. All they had to say was "Oh sorry, I didn't see it on the schedule" and offered to have me go in today instead. I was furious! I leave today! Pale, oh so pale, I leave today! No offer of compensation or discounted services in the future, just an "Oh, sorry." *Sigh*

I may not be airbrushed, but packed and prepared I am! 
Here are a few things that are easy to forget when you're going abroad:

- Let your bank know you will be out of the country 
- Find out if there are fees for using your ATM or credit card abroad
- Make sure your passport isn't within six months of expiration 
- Keep all your reservation confirmation numbers handy
- Don't assume your hotel will have a power/outlet converter. Bring one.
- And of course, leave room in your suitcase for souvenir shopping!