Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Style crush! Nail Art

When it comes to nail art, there is a very fine line between fabulously fresh and disastrously tacky. The recent trend of paining your nails where one is a different color than the rest... Who decided that should happen? Certainly not me. And 3-D add-on's like little plastic bows and hearts? Yikes, ladies... yikes. What I do like are the more classic patterns and designs; the chevron, for example. When ladies jazz up just the thumbs it's like whispering "hey, I'm fun" without screaming "holler, I'm tacky." 

The other night I was having some me time and decided to give the leopard thumbs a go. I applied a base of gold on all of my nails, let it dry, then used light brown and black for the leopard print. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! 

I also have to recommend this polish to you - Sinful Colors. It lasts longer and is much cheaper than my former favorite, OPI. A bottle of OPI usually runs around $8, while Sinful is only $2 and is easier to track down since it is carried in Target and most drug stores.